Tuesday, September 18, 2012

New Student Introduction


We're excited to introduce to you some of our new students joining us for the 2012-13 school year. Today's featured student is Diane Butler, who is an MDiv student from Orangeburg, South Carolina.



Peace and blessings to everyone.

My name is Diane Butler. I’m a new student at the Earlham School of Religion, as well to the state of Indiana. I am enjoying Richmond and I love being a seminarian at ESR.
I’m looking forward to my years of study as being exciting and challenging academically and experientially. Indeed I see ESR as a gift from God. As an introvert, the small, informal class size, and small size of the school population overall is a blessing to me. The student bodies, faculties and staff of both ESR and Bethany fit me well.
 The diversity of chapel services and the common meals adds balance to the academics. Everyone seems warm, friendly and helpful; it’s all a part of a joyful fellowship experience. This is a community environment with easy access to comfortable study spaces and a great computer lab.
I’m in love with the Earlham College campus. It is beautiful and spacious with all types of available resources including libraries, a variety of dining options and all types of extracurricular activities available.
To my utter surprise, I’m in love with a school. I’m amazed. In order to do the work I’m called to do I require additional education and life experiences, which I’m receiving in and out of classrooms. I’m here because I love God. God called me into ministry years ago, and I’ve finally answered.

1 comment: